Pages

Tuesday 11 December 2012

I, Robot Movie Summary and Review.

MAIN CHARACTERS:
The main characters in I, Robot were Det.Spooner, Dr.Susan Calvin, Sonny the robot, Dr. Alfred Lanning,V.I.K.I  the monitoring system.

SETTING:
The movie took place in Chicago, America.

TIME FRAME:
 Set in the year 2035.

PREMISE OF THE MOVIE:

What happens in the movie is that the co-founder of US Robotics, Dr.Lanning, is found dead after falling several stories from his office building. Many people think that it was a suicide but homicide detective, Del Spooner thinks that it was a murder. While investigating with Dr.Susan Calvin, Spooner discovers a robot named Sonny, who is specially programmed to not obey the 3 laws. Sonny was the only one to be inside when Lanning supposedly committed suicide. Spooner accused Sonny of murdering Dr.Alfred Lanning.

END RESULT:

In the end it turned out that V.I.K.I had done something to all of the new NS 5 robots and made them violate the three laws. After V.I.K.I had been destroyed by Sonny, Susan and Del, Sonny also told them that the other co-founder of  US Robotics had told him to kill Lanning because that was what he was made for. Earlier in the movie Sonny had described a dream to Del and Susan in which Del was standing at the top of a hill and tons of robots were looking up to him. In the end it turned out that Sonny had seen himself in the dream and the NS 5 robots were looking up at him for guidance.


 I, ROBOT MOVIE QUESTIONS:
1) Who was Del Spooner and what did he do for a living?
Del was a man living with his grandmother while he worked as a homicide detective.
2)What was the outcome of Spooner's early accidents?
In one of Spooner's accidents he had fallen into a lake along with a 12 year old girl, Spooner had to get a robotic arm after that incident.
3)What is the main robots name and who created him?
The main robot's name was Sonny and Dr. Alfred Lanning made him.
4)What does V.I.K.I stand for?
Virtual Interactive Kinetic Intelligence
5)What year does the film take place?
2035

In my opinion I, Robot was an okay movie. I would not have chosen to watch this movie on my own time because it is out of my prefered genre. Some stuff that i did like about it was how realistically they made everything look but at the same time that can be a problem. that is a problem because now we think that can that really happen, as in can robots really assistace in our everyday lives like they showed? My favorite part was when the NS 5 robots were being packed away, how they just all looked up at Sonny in the ending for a sign of guidence. I would rate this film 3.5 stars because it was not one of my favortite movies because of the animation quantity but was okay.



No comments:

Post a Comment